Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato/Mother-in-law Salad
1/2 to 1 lbbacon or turkey bacon
1head romaine or iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
2 largetomatoes, chopped or equal amount of cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
2 cseasoned croutons (optional)
1/2 to 3/4 creduced fat mayonnaise
1/4 c2% milk
1 tspgarlic powder
1/8 tspor a pinch of ground black pepper
·salt, to taste
3 largeboiled eggs (optional)
How to Make Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato/Mother-in-law Salad
- Start cooking bacon, and cook, until evenly browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- At the same time, start eggs to boil, if using. When, they are through cooking, cool with cold water. Then, peel, place in a bowl, and cover them with plastic wrap, and put in the refrigerator, until serving time.
- Combine lettuce and bacon, in a large salad bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, & refrigerate.
- DRESSING: In a blender or food processor, combine dressing ingredients (mayo, milk, garlic powder, and black pepper). Blend, until smooth. Season dressing with salt to taste. Refrigerate, until serving time.
- Get lettuce, bacon, & eggs out of refrigerator, when ready to serve. Dry off, if there is any condensation on salad or eggs, and cut eggs into wedges or chop. Right before serving, add croutons, tomatoes, and eggs, if using. Toss salad with dressing, serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.