YUKON GOLD DILL POTATO SALAD--BONNIE'S
Photo is my own, recipe adapted from Cali Rich.
- cup white wine vinegar
- tablespoons dill weed for the sachet (or use 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus 1/2 cup leaves an stems chopped coarse)
- tablespoon dill weed for the herb vinegar
- pounds yukon gold potatoes
- cup mayonnaise
- cup sour cream
- tablespoon dijon mustard
- scallions, green parts only, sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make YUKON GOLD DILL POTATO SALAD--BONNIE'S
- 1MAKE THE HERB VINEGAR first:
Add the 1/4 cup white wine vinegar and the 1 tablespoons of dill weed to a one-cup glass measuring cup and microwave one minute, remove and let cool and steep while you peel the potatoes and get them ready to boil.
MAKE AN HERB SACHET: Take a coffee filter and place 3 tablespoons dill weed in it and tie it with a kitchen string. Peel and cut potatoes into 3/4 inch pieces and cover with water, and add one tablespoon of salt and the herb sachet. Bring the potatoes to a boil, cook until tender but not overcooked. Drain thoroughly. Discard the sachet. Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl.