Summer Colors Potato Salad
This is a good salad for making the day before an event so that all the flavors mingle.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 - 8 mediumpotatoes, washed
1/2 largeenglish cucumber, washed
1 largecarrot, shredded
2 mediumcelery stalks, trimmed
20 smallgrape tomatoes
3 largeeggs, hard boiled
·salt and pepper to taste
3/4 creal mayonaise
3 - 4 Tbspprepared mustard
2 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Summer Colors Potato Salad
- Scrub potatoes; cut in halves and boil with skins on, in salted water for 30 min. or until tender. Drain water and put hot potatoes in fridge for 30 min.
- Bowl eggs for 5 minutes; drain hot water and replace with ice cubes. When chilled, peel eggs and grate into large mixing bowl.
- While potatoes are cooking/cooling, take the cucumber and quarter it and slice. Place in large mixing bowl.
- Slice celery and grate carrots into large mixing bowl.
- When potatoes are cool, peel with a spoon and grate or mash 1/2 of them and cube the rest. Add to bowl.
- Add washed grape tomatoes, add to bowl and lightly toss ingredients.
- In smaller bowl, mix all dressing ingredients. Add the dressing to the salad and refrigeration for at least an hour.