POTATO AND PESTO CHICKEN SALAD
- 2 lb
- white potatoes, scrubbed (peeled if desired)
- 1 lb
- fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 c
- prepared pesto sauce
- 3 to 6 c
- mixed salad greens
How to Make POTATO AND PESTO CHICKEN SALAD
- 1In a large pot bring half a pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise in 1/2-inch slices. Add to boiling water; cover and return to boiling. Cook 3 minutes.
- 2Add green beans to pot with potatoes and cook another 4 minutes; drain vegetables and set aside.
- 3In the same pot, heat the olive oil and cook chicken, stirring, for about 8 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in the pesto sauce. Then stir in the potatoes and green beans, being careful not to break up the vegetables.
- 5Serve warm or at room temperature on a bed of salad greens.