POTATO AND PESTO CHICKEN SALAD
2 lbwhite potatoes, scrubbed (peeled if desired)
1 lbfresh green beans, washed and trimmed
1 Tbspolive oil
1 1/2 lbchicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
3/4 cprepared pesto sauce
3 to 6 cmixed salad greens
How to Make POTATO AND PESTO CHICKEN SALAD
- In a large pot bring half a pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise in 1/2-inch slices. Add to boiling water; cover and return to boiling. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add green beans to pot with potatoes and cook another 4 minutes; drain vegetables and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the olive oil and cook chicken, stirring, for about 8 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the pesto sauce. Then stir in the potatoes and green beans, being careful not to break up the vegetables.
- Serve warm or at room temperature on a bed of salad greens.