German Potato Salad
How to Make German Potato Salad
- In a large skillet fry bacon until crisp
- remove bacon , saute onions in pan drippings until crisp tender.
- Add sugar, flour and salt & pepper, blend and cook until the mixture is smooth and bubbly , stirring constantly.
- carefully add water and vinegar stirring as you add to keep the sauce smooth. Cook on medium high heat until sauce boils, lower the heat to medium and cook to thicken.
- Stir potatoes into the pan, mix well to coat the potatoes, heat on medium low heat until heated through.
- Crumble the cooked bacon and stir half of it into the potatoes.
- Spoon into serving dish and top with remaining bacon and parsley.
- Serve warm