Can't Beet this Potato Salad
She is not very good on her feet as her knees are always giving her trouble- and she won't get surgery done on them...says she is too old..LOL So she sits in bed and surfs and scans recipes and cooking shows although she doesn't cook- she lives alone and her daughter,who lives next door- cooks for her... she Loves Rachel Ray, and Dives and Diners..
- 3 medium
- fresh beets, cooked or roasted,peeled and diced
- 6 small
- potatoes, peeled, cooked and diced
- 5 large
- hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- if out of time use canned whole potatoes and canned whole beets in juice both drained well
- 2/3 c
- miracle whip salad dressing
- 2/3 c
- sour cream (daisy)
- 2 tsp
- yellow mustard
- 1 or 2 Tbsp
- seasoned rice wine vinegar
- salt , pepper and horseradish to taste
- chopped fresh parsley or chives for garnish
How to Make Can't Beet this Potato Salad
- 1Place the prepared potatoes, beets,eggs,onion,and celery in a large bowl. Set aside.
In another bowl or large measuring cup combine dressing ingredients,except parsley. Stir well to blend.
- 2Gently fold dressing into the potato/beet mixture to coat evenly. Store covered in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, stir occasionally. Salad will deepen in color as it sits. Sprinkle with parsley or chives before serving.
Pretty dish for Easter or Christmas too.