Spinach Pasta Salad
Ruth Ann Vokac
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1bag (about 12 oz.) spinach noodles
1/2 colive oil, divided
2-3 clovegarlic, minced or grated
1/2 lbbaby spinach leaves
3green onions, sliced into thin rounds
1/2green, yellow, or red pepper, diced
2 ptcherry tomatoes, halved (or comparable amount of diced fresh tomatoes)
1 ccrumbled feta cheese (preferably with tomato and basil)
3-5 sprig(s)thyme, leaves stripped from stems
1 bunchbasil leaves, cut into thin strips
1/2 cred wine vinegar
2-3 tspdijon mustard
How to Make Spinach Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- In a large skillet, put 1/4 cup olive oil and add grated or minced garlic. Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add drained noodles to skillet, toss, and let cool.
- In a large salad bowl, add spinach leaves; sliced green onions; cherry tomatoes, halved; diced pepper pieces; thyme, stripped from stems; basil, julienned; and feta cheese. Toss ingredients. Add noodles.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add 1/4 cup olive oil, red wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Tighten the lid and shake to combine.
- Pour dressing over noodles in salad bowl, and toss all ingredients to distribute the ingredients.
- Let sit 30 minutes for flavors to combine.
Serve with salad tongs.
- Note: I can't find spinach pasta at smaller groceries, but I can find the "al dente" spinach pasta brand in larger supermarkets.