Spinach Pasta Salad
Ruth Ann Vokac
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- bag (about 12 oz.) spinach noodles
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, divided
- 2-3 clove
- garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 lb
- baby spinach leaves
- green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- green, yellow, or red pepper, diced
- 2 pt
- cherry tomatoes, halved (or comparable amount of diced fresh tomatoes)
- 1 c
- crumbled feta cheese (preferably with tomato and basil)
- 3-5 sprig(s)
- thyme, leaves stripped from stems
- 1 bunch
- basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 c
- red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tsp
- dijon mustard
How to Make Spinach Pasta Salad
- 1Cook pasta as directed on package.
- 2In a large skillet, put 1/4 cup olive oil and add grated or minced garlic. Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add drained noodles to skillet, toss, and let cool.
- 3In a large salad bowl, add spinach leaves; sliced green onions; cherry tomatoes, halved; diced pepper pieces; thyme, stripped from stems; basil, julienned; and feta cheese. Toss ingredients. Add noodles.
- 4In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add 1/4 cup olive oil, red wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard. Tighten the lid and shake to combine.
- 5Pour dressing over noodles in salad bowl, and toss all ingredients to distribute the ingredients.
- 6Let sit 30 minutes for flavors to combine.
Serve with salad tongs.
- 7Note: I can't find spinach pasta at smaller groceries, but I can find the "al dente" spinach pasta brand in larger supermarkets.