Soba Salad (By Mad Hungry Lucinda Scala Quinn)
- 3 Tbsp
- safflower oil, divided
- 1 large
- shallot halved and thinly sliced crosswise (1/3 cup)
- 3 1/2 oz
- bunashimeji (beech mushrooms)
- 9 oz
- buckwheat noodles
- 6 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- rice vinegar (seasoned)
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- sesame oil
- scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- english cucumber, cut into 1 1/2-inch-long matchsticks
How to Make Soba Salad (By Mad Hungry Lucinda Scala Quinn)
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
When oil shimmers, add shallots and mushrooms to skillet and saute until shallots become golden and mushrooms brown in places, 3-4 minutes.
Transfer to a large, heatproof bowl.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain; toss in bowl with shallots, mushrooms, and remaining tablespoon oil. Cool to room temperature.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, sesame oil, and scallions. Divide dipping sauce between individual serving bowls.
- 4Toss cucumber and sesame seeds with noodles just before serving.