★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 can(s)
- 2 c
- small elbow macaroni
- 1 c
- celery stalks
- green onions
- bell pepper
- 1 can(s)
- black olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon zest, grated
- juice from 1/2 zested lemon
How to Make Shrimp and Pasta Salad
- 1Boil elbow macaroni to box directions for al dente pasta. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop pasta from overcooking.
- 2Finely dice celery, green onions including tails, and bell pepper. Drain black olives and quarter them.
- 3Chop shrimp.
- 4Place all ingredients chopped thus far into a large bowl along with cooked pasta. Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper.
- 5Toss with mayonnaise. I use Hellmann's as my family prefers this brand, but you use whatever brand you prefer.
Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
This salad can be used as a side or served alone as a main course on a bed of crisp greens.