Not Your Mama's Pasta Salad
Note: Photo borrowed from internet. It doesn't show all the ingredients I use, but it's as close as I could find. I'll add a photo of my own next time I make it.
- 2 pkg
- rotini pasta, i like the tri color one
- each red, green, yellow, and orange bell peppers
- 1 large
- red onion, sliced thin
- 1 can(s)
- black olives
- 2 c
- green olives
- 1 large
- cucumber, sliced
- 1 pkg
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb
- pre-sliced hard salami, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb
- mozzarella or provolone, cubed (i prefer mozzarella)
- 1 small
- jars pepperoncini peppers, drained (whole or sliced)
- 2 small
- jars artichoke hearts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1-2 bottle
- italian dressing
How to Make Not Your Mama's Pasta Salad
- 1Cook pasta. Rinse in cold water to cool. Drain well.
- 2In a very large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Add dressing. If you are not serving until the next day, I recommend withholding the tomatoes, cucumber and cheese until shortly before serving, to prevent them from getting too soft or mushy. As this sits, especially if you prepare it the night before, you will find it soaks up the dressing and you will need to add more. Start with one bottle of dressing and go from there. You want it coated well, but not sitting in a pool of dressing.
- 3Note: I believe my cousin used kalamata olives. I like them ok, but I love green olives, so I use green olives in their place. Experiment with the varieties you love! Enjoy!
P.S. If you want a healthier version, omit the salami and/or use chopped chicken breast.