Macaroni or Potato Salad, It's a Southern Thang
- 16 oz. boxes of jumbo macaroni or penne pasta
- large onion, finely chopped
- lg. green pepper, chopped kind of small
- stalks of celery, slit down the middle and chopped
- dozen hard boiled eggs, minus yolks
- medium cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 1/2
- cups mayonnaise
- cup plus 2 tbsp. sweet pickle juice
- cup plus 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- tsp. apple cider vinegar
How to Make Macaroni or Potato Salad, It's a Southern Thang
- 1Cook pasta per directions in large stock pot with liberally salted water. Hard boil a dozen eggs. Run cold water over them and peel.
- 2Mix dressing and let sit until everything is ready to be mixed.
- 3I know there are differences of opinion on whether to rinse the cooked pasta but I do mine. So, rinse pasta in cold water and thoroughly drain. Add in chopped ingredients and mix with dressing. NOTE: This is better if made the day before needed.
- 4NOTE: If salad is dry the next day just make up 1/2 or whole dressing recipe to add and toss. ALSO, you can use potatoes instead of pasta and it's just as good. :)