- 12 oz pkg
- salad-size (mini) macaroni pasta
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, diced
- 1 bunch
- radish, diced
- hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 c
- green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp
- prepared mustard (optional)
- 1 c
- salt and pepper (no more than 1/2 tsp each)
How to Make Macaroni Salad
- 1Boil the pasta as directed on the package. After boiling the pasta, chill it. (You don’t want to add mayo to warm pasta!) I drain the hot water from the pot and add ice and ¼ cup water to the pasta, stirring until melted. Drain as usual and add to salad bowl.
- 2Add mayonnaise and mustard to the cooked pasta, stir well.
- 3Add celery, radish, eggs, and green onion to the bowl.
- 4Salt and pepper to taste. Chill overnight. The pasta will absorb the flavors and some of the mayonnaise; if necessary, stir in a little more mayonnaise one large spoonful at a time.)
- 5Garnish with Paprika and serve with a sprig of Dill.
- 6Other ingredients that may be added
1 large carrot, grated
1/2 small bell pepper, diced