12 oz pkgsalad-size (mini) macaroni pasta
3 stalk(s)celery, diced
1 bunchradish, diced
5hard boiled eggs
1/2 cgreen onions, chopped
2 tspprepared mustard (optional)
·salt and pepper (no more than 1/2 tsp each)
How to Make Macaroni Salad
- Boil the pasta as directed on the package. After boiling the pasta, chill it. (You don’t want to add mayo to warm pasta!) I drain the hot water from the pot and add ice and ¼ cup water to the pasta, stirring until melted. Drain as usual and add to salad bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard to the cooked pasta, stir well.
- Add celery, radish, eggs, and green onion to the bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Chill overnight. The pasta will absorb the flavors and some of the mayonnaise; if necessary, stir in a little more mayonnaise one large spoonful at a time.)
- Garnish with Paprika and serve with a sprig of Dill.
- Other ingredients that may be added
1 large carrot, grated
1/2 small bell pepper, diced