Mertzie's Lucky Pasta Salad with roasted veggies
Today, I roasted fresh veggies, put this together, and that's why I consider it "lucky". Never did I think I would be having power today to roast veggies in my oven!
I gave all of my neighbors a batch of this 2nte. It's delicious, & I served with grilled Italian bread smothered w/ butter, paprika, & garlic.
- lb. farfalle (or any pasta) cooked al dente
- bunch asparagus
- green squash
- oz. baby portabellas
- fresh parsley, fresh basil, grated parm
- lb. good mozzarella, in chunks
- black pepper
- vinaigrette salad dressing (recipe follows)
How to Make Mertzie's Lucky Pasta Salad with roasted veggies
- 1Cook farfalle to al dente. I cooked day before, as stated, and tossed in oo & refrigerated.
- 2Heat oven to 375 degrees. Wash veggies well & chop up to large bite-sized chunks. (Don't chop the tomatoes too tiny). Dry veggies off & place on roasting pans. I kept each item together, in case one cooked faster than another (i.e., kept all the tomatoes together, the onion together, the squash together, etc.). Toss some olive oil over top & sea salt generously. Roast & turn occasionally. As each veg was done to my liking, I removed from oven & let cool.
- 3Drain the veggies when they are cool, handling gently. Then add them to the pasta. Add the dressing. Add some chopped fresh basil & fresh parsley. Add some grated parm & stir. Add the mozzarella chunks when you are close to serving. Either refrigerate or serve immediately at room temperature.
- 4Dressing: 1/4 cup of roasted garlic grapeseed oil; 1/4 cup of light olive oil; 1/8 cup of white wine vinegar; 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar; pinch of sugar; about 1/2 tsp of dried Italian seasonings. Shake or mix well. Enjoy!