Linda's (healthy & filling) Pasta salad
- 6 oz
- whole wheat pasta
- 10 oz
- cauliflower, raw
- 10 oz
- broccoli, raw
- 10 oz
- carrots, raw, peeled & sliced into coins
- 3 medium
- jalapeno peppers, de-veined, de-seeded, sliced
- 2 medium
- tomatoes, chopped
- 3 oz
- olives, sliced
- 7 oz
- cheddar cheese, low fat, cubed
- 3 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oz
- caesar italian dressing, (kraft fat free)
How to Make Linda's (healthy & filling) Pasta salad
- 1Boil pasta until el dente'. Rinse in cold water and place in a large salad bowl.
- 2Clean and separate broccoli and cauliflower flowerettes. Boil a pot of water - turn off and place vegetables in hot water to BLANCH. (approx. 3 min). They should brighten in color, but still be crisp. Repeat with carrots.
- 3Add blanched vegetables to bowl of pasta.
- 4Add chopped tomato, sliced jalapenos and olives to pasta bowl. (You may use black or green olives). I prefer small green olives stuffed with pimentos. Mix thoroughly.
- 5Cut cheddar cheese into small cubes and add along with 3 T. of fresh parmesan. Add the Caesar Italian salad dressing and blend into pasta and vegetable mixture thoroughly. I have also used fat free Zesta Italian dressing before. If you like a creamier salad you could also add 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, but remember the POINTS value will change if you do. Refrigerate overnight covered.
- 6If you want your salad hotter/spicier, leave seeds and veins in jalapenos.