Linda's (healthy & filling) Pasta salad
6 ozwhole wheat pasta
10 ozcauliflower, raw
10 ozbroccoli, raw
10 ozcarrots, raw, peeled & sliced into coins
3 mediumjalapeno peppers, de-veined, de-seeded, sliced
2 mediumtomatoes, chopped
3 ozolives, sliced
7 ozcheddar cheese, low fat, cubed
3 Tbspparmesan cheese, grated
8 ozcaesar italian dressing, (kraft fat free)
How to Make Linda's (healthy & filling) Pasta salad
- Boil pasta until el dente'. Rinse in cold water and place in a large salad bowl.
- Clean and separate broccoli and cauliflower flowerettes. Boil a pot of water - turn off and place vegetables in hot water to BLANCH. (approx. 3 min). They should brighten in color, but still be crisp. Repeat with carrots.
- Add blanched vegetables to bowl of pasta.
- Add chopped tomato, sliced jalapenos and olives to pasta bowl. (You may use black or green olives). I prefer small green olives stuffed with pimentos. Mix thoroughly.
- Cut cheddar cheese into small cubes and add along with 3 T. of fresh parmesan. Add the Caesar Italian salad dressing and blend into pasta and vegetable mixture thoroughly. I have also used fat free Zesta Italian dressing before. If you like a creamier salad you could also add 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, but remember the POINTS value will change if you do. Refrigerate overnight covered.
- If you want your salad hotter/spicier, leave seeds and veins in jalapenos.