Cin's "Chilled Angel" Pasta Salad
I created this one a couple of years ago to use up items from our garden...turned out to be a keeper.
Was enjoyed by the whole family.
If you give it a try, I hope your family enjoys it too.
ENOVA Oil......has now been discontinued.
Go here to see enovaoil.com
USE YOUR FAVORITE OIL.
THESE ARE THE INGREDIENTS I USE, FEEL FREE TO DELETE ANY YOU DON'T LIKE AND OR ADD ONES YOU DO
16 ozpackage of angel-hair pasta; boiled al détente
4 ozjar of pimientos
1 smallred onion; chopped
1/8 cchopped chives
1 mediumgreen bell pepper; chopped
1seedless cucumber, chopped*
·a couple of sm stalks of celery with their leafy greens; chopped
1 smallbaby zucchini; chopped*
1 cuse your favorite oil
(ENOVA OIL: HAS NOW BEEN DISCONUED...SEE CIN'S NOTES)
1 cwhite rice vinegar
3/4 tspwhite pepper
1 tspsea salt
3/4 tspaccent (optional)
4 tspdry mustard
6 tspdried parsley
1 1/2 tspgarlic powder (not salt)
How to Make Cin's "Chilled Angel" Pasta Salad
- Boil pasta, drain in colander running cool water over it, then let drain well.
Mix all ingredients for dressing together, mix well.
Add all the rest of the upper ingredients together with dressing.
Then fold in pasta.
Being sure pasta is mixed in well.
Cover dish and chill over night (or several hours) before serving.
- This makes a lot of salad so use a large dish with a lid (or cover with plastic wrap).
- *I partially peel the zucchini, kind of in stripes, before chopping so it has some peel left on.
My zucchini, being home grown, I pick some when they are babies to use in some special-salads.
- *You can also do this with the cucumber (although I usually peel mine).
I like seedless cucumbers, but when I don't have any in the garden I use the small ones that have "very small seeds".
If I have to use one with large seeds in it I always scrape them out.
If you grow your own, be sure to plant some seedless ones (I like them best in these kinds of salads).
- Also good made with Dreamfields brand pasta (although I did not use it in this one).
If you make this salad, I do hope you enjoy!!!