Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad
- 3 Tbsp
- rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium
- 4 medium
- tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium
- vidalia or other sweet onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- coarsely chopped fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, chives, and/or tarragon
How to Make Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad
- 1Whisk vinegar, oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a large shallow bowl.
- 2Remove alternating stripes of peel from the cucumbers. Slice the cucumbers into thin rounds. Add the cucumber slices, tomatoes, and onion to the dressing; gently toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- 3Just before serving, add herbs and toss again.