Spinach Salad and Dressing
Store the salad dressing in the fridge and remove about an hour before use. I use this dressing on many other salads as well. It is a good all around dressing. I have made this with red wine vinegar when I was out of the white. It is just as good.
This is how I got my boys to eat spinach. They LOVE this.
- bag prewashed baby spinach
- hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 slice
- bacon fried crisp and crumbled
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tsp
- salt (sea salt works best)
- 2 clove
- 1/3 c
- white wine vinegar (or red works just as well)
- 1 1/4 c
- olive oil
How to Make Spinach Salad and Dressing
- 2Dressing: grind salt and garlic into a paste using a mortal and pestle. This will take about 10 minutes to get it nice and almost creamy smooth.
- 3Measure the wine vinegar into a 2 cup measuring cup and whisk in the garlic paste. Add the olive oil and whisk again. Then pour into a bottle you can seal. (I had a nice glass bottle some other salad dressing had come in.) I like to make mine several hours in advance or the day before. Refrigerate the dressing and let stand at room temp for about an hour before serving. You will have plenty left over for other salads.
- 4If you are going to eat the whole bowl of salad, you can go ahead and dress it just before serving and toss really well. Otherwise, let everyone dress their own bowl. The spinach will wilt after about an hour, so don't dress what you aren't going to eat.