★★★★★ 1 vote5
2eggs (room temp)
1 slicebread for toasting
1 tspunsalted butter
1 buncharugula leaves (or any other lettuce)
1 pinchsea salt
1 pinchfreshly ground pepper
1 or 2 pinchshredded cheese (optional)
How to Make SIMPLE BREAKFAST SALAD
- To bring your eggs to room temperature, submerge them in a bowl of really warm, but not boiling hot, water.
- Fill a small saucepan with 3 or 4 inches of water. Cover pan with a lid and heat water on your stove top over a high flame.
- Put your bread in the toaster.
- When the water is boiling, gently lower your eggs into the saucepan and set your timer for 5 minutes and 15 seconds. Let the eggs simmer.
- While the eggs are cooking, dump out the bowl of water you used to warm your uncooked eggs. Refill bowl with cold water and a few ice cubes. When the timer goes off, quickly remove eggs from the pot, using a slotted spoon. Immediately place eggs in the ice water bath while you finish prepping the rest of your goodies. The eggs can rest here for a minute or so until they are cool enough to handle.
- When the toast is ready, butter it and tear it into pieces. Nestle the buttery toast bits into a small bowl. Scatter arugula leaves over the toast.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the top off the eggs. Scoop the eggs out of the shells and place them on top of your toast and arugula. Sprinkle with salt and some fresh ground pepper. You may also sprinkle some shredded cheese of your choice over the eggs while they are hot.