RUSSIAN SALAD (SALAD OLIVIER)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cyellow corn, frozen
1 cgreen peas, frozen
1 cgreen beans, cut into 2-inch pieces, frozen
1 smallred delicious apple, unpeeled but cored
1 ccarrot, peeled and diced
1 cpotato, peeled and diced
1 stalk(s)celery, finely chopped
·salt to taste
1 pinchground black pepper
1 dash(es)mustard, yellow or brown
How to Make RUSSIAN SALAD (SALAD OLIVIER)
- In a large pot, bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add 2 tsp. salt. Add diced potatoes and carrots. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add all the frozen vegetables and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Drain the veggies and place them in a bowl of cold water.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with salt, sugar, black pepper, mustard and milk.
- Drain the veggies again and transfer them to a large serving dish; add apple and celery. Fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Mix thoroughly, being careful not to break vegetables.
- Chill until ready to serve.