Quinoa Roasted topping crunchy goodness
If you have some quinoa, try this! No end to how they can be used!
How to Make Quinoa Roasted topping crunchy goodness
- Cover the quinoa with water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Rinse in a small strainer.
- Heat a frying pan to get it hot while the quinoa drains. (it is ok that there is some moisture from draining, it will evaporate)
- Place the quinoa into the hot dry pan. ( I used my cast iron skillet, but any frying pan would work.)
Now stir in a bit, and keep watch.
This is the fun part! The grains start to dance! Not so much that they fly out of the pan, but they do skip a bit. :)
When they start to smell like popcorn, and start turning dark, watch and keep stirring them. You want most of the grains to be a darker color, but some will remain white. That is ok, because you dont want to burn them.
- When most of the quinoa is darkened, remove from the heat.
Cool them on a flat surface, a plate will do.
Because they smelled so good as you fried them, taste them! Yum!
- Very good on a salad for added taste and crunch, or I can imagine this being a good crunch factor on any savoy dish! Think toasted sesame seeds.... any dish you like them in, this will be wonderful.
Packed with all things good for you, this way of using quinoa will serve you well!