Quick and Easy Mexican Slaw
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- small to medium head of cabbage remove a few of outer leaves, then cut in half, let stand in ice water half hour
- cooked, diced ham, or chicken, your amount and choice
- 3/4 cup
- each celery, green onions, green bell pepper
- 1 jar
- drained pimiento
How to Make Quick and Easy Mexican Slaw
- 1Drain cabbage halves well, then shred, being sure to drain any excess water after shredding. Mix in large bowl the cabbage, choice of meat to taste,celery, green pepper, green onions & drained pimiento.
- 2Mix together well. Sprinkle lightly with salt.Mix salad with Mayonnaise which has been thinned with sweet or sour cream. Now is the time to add different seasonings of your choice. Line a serving dish with outside leaves of cabbage & fill the center with the slaw. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over all.