Pam's Spinach Salad Sammich
I have pics, but just changed to the new Windows 7 Operating System and do not have all my programs reloaded. I will post my pics as soon as possible. :)
- 6 to 8
- hard cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 c
- bacon bits
- 1/4 c
- celery, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 to 4 Tbsp
- sweet and sour salad dressing (recipe below)
- salt and pepper to taste
- bag fresh spinach
- 4 or 5 medium
- fresh mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 or 2
- radishes, sliced thinly
- 7 to 8" flatbreads, or pita pockets
- additional bacon bits as garnish
How to Make Pam's Spinach Salad Sammich
- 1Hard cook the eggs, cool, peel and chop. Place in a medium mixing bowl. Add bacon bits, celery, mayo and dressing, and mix together. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Wash and pat the spinach dry, slice mushrooms and radishes.
To assemble: Place a handful of spinach leaves on flatbread or in pita pocket. Drizzle with a little dressing (or you can toss the spinach with some of the dressing before using). Spoon in about 1/3 to 1/2 c. of egg salad and top with sliced mushrooms and radishes. Sprinkle with bacon bits for garnish.
(This is my sister's Poppy Seed dressing which I used without the toasted poppy seeds.)
Makes a large batch so cut it in half if desired.
In a food processor place 1/2 c. sugar, 1 tsp. dry ground mustard, 1 tsp salt, 1/3 c. cider vinegar, 2 Tbsp of onion juice or finely grated onion. Pulse together until sugar is mostly dissolved. Turn on processor and slowly drizzle in approximately 3/4 c. vegetable oil, (Not olive) and continue processing until thickened. (For Poppy seed dressing, add 2 Tbsp toasted poppy seeds and pulse on and off a few times to distribute) Store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.