Oriental Cabbage Salad
25+ years later, she still makes it, but experiments with different vinegars, oils, nuts, or ramen noodle flavors (she says the shrimp one is really good). She also adds raisins or apples or uses this as the bed to grilled fish.
You can make this vegetarian by using the veggie ramen flavor.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 ccabbage, shredded (bagged mixtures work well)
2 Tbspsesame seeds
1/2 tspwhite pepper
1/2 calmonds, slivered
1 pkgchicken flavored ramen noodles
1/4 cgreen onion, sliced
2 Tbspsalad oil
How to Make Oriental Cabbage Salad
- Crush noodles slightly and place in colander. Pour boiling water over the noodles to soften slightly. Drain well.
- In large bowl, mix noodles, cabbage, onions, and sesame seed.
- For dressing, whisk noodle seasoning packet, vinegar, sugar, oil, pepper, and salt.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and toss.
- Cover and chill up to overnight.
- Add almonds before serving.