Mediterranean Couscous Salad
It is basically pasta so if you can't find it (I found mine at Trader Joe's) just use a small pasta and it won't be a big deal.. Hope you like it!
- 3 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 8 oz box israeli couscous (or any tiny pasta)
- 2 c
- chicken stock
- lemons, juiced
- lemon, zested
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries
- 1/2 c
- slivered almonds, toasted
How to Make Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 1In a medium saucepan, warm 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the couscous and cook until toasted and lightly browned, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- 2Carefully add the stock, and the juice of 1 lemon and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the couscous is tender, but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 5-8 minutes.Taste once in a while to make sure it's not overcooking. Drain the couscous.
- 3In a large bowl, toss the cooked couscous with the remaining olive oil, remaining lemon juice, zest, dried cranberries, salt and pepper and let cool.
- 4Once the couscous is at room temperature, add the fresh basil, and almonds. Toss to combine and serve.