2zucchini, cut into cubes
3 mediumgreen bell peppers, cut into medium squares
3 largetomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 largeonion, quartered and sliced
2 Tbsptomato paste
3 clovegarlic, minced finely
15black olives, sliced
·salt and pepper
·olive oil, extra virgin
·green chili pepper, finely chopped
How to Make Maltese Caponata
- On a metal baking dish, mix zucchini and 1 T olive oil. Cook under grill for a few minutes until golden.
- Heat a T of olive oil in a large pan. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and zucchini and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir every few minutes and add water if it becomes too thick.
- Add tomato paste, capers, olives, chili pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Cool for another 5 minutes.
- Can be served hot or cold with sourdough bread.