Hospital Salad (it's good and good for you!)
Bobbi Jo Woods
I think you'll enjoy it! Use whatever other ingredients or dressing(s) you like, sometimes I even add some sliced black olives, diced tomatoes and sub out black beans for the kidney beans. Even some roasted corn kernels might be nice.
- part fat-free tomato or sun-dried tomato vinaigrette
- parts fat-free ranch dressing
- 3 c
- washed & torn romaine lettuce or your favorite bag mix
- 1 bunch
- broccoli florets
- 1/2 small
- red onion
- 1/4 can(s)
- kidney beans, canned
- 1/2 c
- carrot, shredded
- black olives, sliced
- (if desired, about a handful)
How to Make Hospital Salad (it's good and good for you!)
- 1In a small bowl, mix 1 part Fat Free Sun Dried Tomato vinaigrette dressing (I use Newman's Own or Ken’s Steakhouse brand) and mix w/2 parts Fat Free or low fat ranch dressing (I use Hidden Valley brand or Wishbone Light Done Right).
- 2Toss ingredients well to mix evenly, and pour your combined dressing over all. Toss to coat vegetables with dressing.
- 3Place in a bowl or plate and top with shredded carrots and light red kidney beans (rinsed & drained) and the black olives (if you like them).