★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- fresh cherry tomatoes best picked from garden
- 1-5 clove
- garlic peeled, chopped fine
- 1-5 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin or what you have
- 1-3 Tbsp
- basil, fresh my favourite is aristotle, chopped fine
How to Make Freah tomato salad
- 1Gather tomatoes from garden, or use the best and freshest you have. Cut into halves and place into bowl.
- 2Peel and chop the garlic, mincing it finely, add to bowl of tomatoes.
- 3Chop the basil (freshly gathered if possible) and make sure its finely chopped, add to the bowl.
- 4Toss with the best olive oil you have (I don't use any other oil, but if you don't like olive use whatever you like.) Cover the tossed tomatoes with plastic wrap or cover, and let sit on the kitchen counter in the warmth. (I know its not supposed to be good for food, but this is how its best.) Serve the melded dish with any meal, buts its particularly good with pasta or grilled steaks. The key to the best taste is the warm melding of the items, this gives the best flavours and tastes.
I've added fresh herbs like chives, and oregano to the dish with the garlic and basil, but the plain basil and garlic is the original way I made this.