1 lbground beef
1garlic cloves, minced
1/2 pkgonion soup mix
1 Tbspchili powder
2avocados, cut in wedges
8 ozfrench onion dip
1 1/2 tsplemon juice
9 oztortilla chips, as an accompaniment
1 ozmixed salad greens
1 cgrated sharp cheddar
How to Make Fiesta Salad
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, until no longer pink; drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in garlic, 3/4 cup water, onion soup mix and chili powder, simmer for 6-7 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.
- Cut avocados in half. Scoop pulp into a bowl, mash with a fork until just slightly chunky.
- Stir in onion dip and lemon juice.
- Crush half of tortilla chips.
- Spread crushed chips even in 8 dishes; top with salad greens, meat mixture and avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with pico de gallo or salsa if desired.