- 1 large
- fennel bulb (or 2 medium bulbs)
- 1 large
- shallot, peeled and minced or thinly slivered
- fennel fronds, for garnish
- 2 tsp
- fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice (meyer lemon if available)
- 1 tsp
- dijon mustard
- coarse salt, such as maldon
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Fennel Slaw w/Mint Vinaigrette
- 1VINAIGRETTE: In a non-reactive prep bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together. Set aside. Note: the original recipe uses a blender to prep the vinaigrette which you can choose to do. Add all ingredients to the blender bowl *except* for the olive oil. PULSE a few times then with motor running pour in the olive oil in a steady stream until incorporated.
- 2Use a mandoline to finely shave the fennel including the core. Alternatively, you can use a sharp knife to thinly slice the fennel.
- 3In a non-reactive bowl toss the shaved fennel with the vinaigrette. Set aside to marinate 1 hour for best flavor. The salad can be served chilled or at room temperature-your choice. Just before serving, garnish salad with a few fennel fronds.