Farro, Cherry, and Walnut Salad
Farro is a quick-cooking grain with a mild flavor. This summer salad is great with grilled meat, poultry, or fish. If you can't find farro, you can substitute wheat berries or quinoa. When fresh cherries are out of season, try this with dried sweetened cranberries.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 1/2 c
- 3/4 c
- farro, uncooked
- 1/4 tsp
- salt, divided
- 1/2 lb
- cherries (sweet cherries, pitted and halved-about 1 cup)
- 1/3 c
- diced celery
- 1/4 c
- walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/8 c
- flat-leaf parsley leaves, packed
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp
- whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Farro, Cherry, and Walnut Salad
- 1Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 2Add farro and 1/8 teaspoon salt to boiling water; cook 20-25 minutes or until al dente. Drain; cool at room temperature 15 minutes.
- 3Combine farro, cherries, celery, walnuts, and parsley in a large bowl.
- 4Combine lemon juice, mustard, honey, pepper, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 5Pour dressing over farro mixture; toss to coat.
- 6Serve at room temperature or chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
About Farro, Cherry, and Walnut Salad
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment