Farro, Cherry, and Walnut Salad
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 cwater
3/4 cfarro, uncooked
1/4 tspsalt, divided
1/2 lbcherries (sweet cherries, pitted and halved-about 1 cup)
1/3 cdiced celery
1/4 cwalnuts, toasted and chopped
1/8 cflat-leaf parsley leaves, packed
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1/2 Tbspwhole-grain mustard
1/8 tspground black pepper
1 1/2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Farro, Cherry, and Walnut Salad
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add farro and 1/8 teaspoon salt to boiling water; cook 20-25 minutes or until al dente. Drain; cool at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Combine farro, cherries, celery, walnuts, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, mustard, honey, pepper, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Pour dressing over farro mixture; toss to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.