★★★★★ 1 vote5
- extra large eggs
- 2 Tbsp
- sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 c
- miracle whip or hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 small
- shallots (optional)
- 6 slice
- turkey or pork bacon (reduced sodium)
How to Make Egg salad
- 1Cook the turkey / pork bacon pieces in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Optional: Add the shallots to the pan and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2In a large skillet with eggs, bring about 6 cups of water to gentle boil. Cook until yolk is set - about 20 minutes.
- 3Add remaining ingredients to a storage bowl. Add bacon cut into small pieces. Cut eggs on two sides in 3 sections then cust crosswise to produce bite-size pieces. Add eggs to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to coat.
- 4Refrigerate about 20 minutes along with clean romaine lettuce from the garden. To serve, arrange lettuce on plate and scoop out 1/3 cup of egg salad. Serve with fruit.