Coleslaw served in a Cabbage Bowl
1 smallred cabbage, shredded
2 Tbsponion, minced
·vinegar, salt and pepper to taste
·mayonaise to moisten
·raisins, shredded carrots, apples, etc. may be added for variety
1 largegreen cabbage, (request produce man to reserve an attractive head with large outer leaves intact.)
How to Make Coleslaw served in a Cabbage Bowl
- Dip Leafy Cabbage in warm water.
2. Loosen outer green leaves and gently roll back.
3. Cut center of cabbage in sections and remove to hollow out.
4. Shred the section of removed cabbage and mix with the slaw ingredients.
- 5. Put in your cabbage bowl to serve. Made additional coleslaw for a refill as needed.