Coleslaw served in a Cabbage Bowl
- 1 small
- red cabbage, shredded
- 2 Tbsp
- onion, minced
- vinegar, salt and pepper to taste
- mayonaise to moisten
- raisins, shredded carrots, apples, etc. may be added for variety
- 1 large
- green cabbage, (request produce man to reserve an attractive head with large outer leaves intact.)
2. Loosen outer green leaves and gently roll back.
3. Cut center of cabbage in sections and remove to hollow out.
4. Shred the section of removed cabbage and mix with the slaw ingredients.