Chourico and Quinoa Salad
1avocado, peeled and chopped in medium size pieces
1/2 chalved grape tomatoes
1/4 cchopped fresh parsely
1 cquinoa, uncooked
3 Tbspolive oil
1link chourico sausage, sliced into rounds
1/2 tsplemon juice
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Chourico and Quinoa Salad
- Mix avocado, tomatoes and parsley in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan along with water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for about 12-15 minutes or until done.
- As it is cooking place the sliced chourico in a skillet with the rest of the olive oil and let it cook on low heat until the quinoa is done.
- Once the quinoa is done, place the finished quinoa in the skillet with the chourico.
- Fry the quinoa and chourico in the skillet on high heat for about 5 minutes until the chourico has browned.
- Once done place the chourico and quinoa into the bowl with the tomatoes, avocado, and parsley and quickly toss them together. Add salt and pepper to taste along with lemon juice.
- Serve warm.