Chourico and Quinoa Salad
- avocado, peeled and chopped in medium size pieces
- 1/2 c
- halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh parsely
- 1 c
- quinoa, uncooked
- 2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- link chourico sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Chourico and Quinoa Salad
- 1Mix avocado, tomatoes and parsley in a large bowl and set aside.
- 2Place the quinoa in a saucepan along with water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for about 12-15 minutes or until done.
- 3As it is cooking place the sliced chourico in a skillet with the rest of the olive oil and let it cook on low heat until the quinoa is done.
- 4Once the quinoa is done, place the finished quinoa in the skillet with the chourico.
- 5Fry the quinoa and chourico in the skillet on high heat for about 5 minutes until the chourico has browned.
- 6Once done place the chourico and quinoa into the bowl with the tomatoes, avocado, and parsley and quickly toss them together. Add salt and pepper to taste along with lemon juice.
- 7Serve warm.