If you use a food processor to shred the carrots, this comes together in about 15 minutes.
This is very versatile. Add 1-2 cloves of minced garlic to the dressing and toss with roasted beets for a fall side-dish. Do an extra-fine chop in a food processor for a terrific spread for a veggie sandwich. It's all good!
- 1 lb
- carrots, coarsely grated
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 c
- rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- lime or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- orange juice
- 1-2 Tbsp
- genuine maple syrup (or a sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tsp
- bragg's amino or light soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp
- ground coriander seed
- 1/4 tsp
- ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch
- salt (taste first, you may not need it)
How to Make Carrot-Ginger-Cilantro Salad
- 1Combine the carrots and cilantro in a medium-sized bowl.
- 2Mix all the other ingredients together and pour over the carrot mixture. Let marinade for at least 30 minutes before serving.