Caribbean Crab Salad
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 lb
- fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- celery stalks, finely chopped
- green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 oz
- canola oil
- 3 oz
- apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz
- ice water
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground white pepper to taste
How to Make Caribbean Crab Salad
- 1Combine onion, celery and bell pepper. Spread 1/2 of this mixture over the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- 2Separate crabmeat lumps and place on top of the vegetable mixture in bowl and then spread the rest of vegetable mixture on top of crabmeat.
- 3Salt and pepper to taste. Pour oil over top, then the vinegar and lastly the ice water.
- 4Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate from 2-4 hours.
- 5When ready to serve toss lightly; but do not STIR. Serve on a lettuce leaf for a great salad or on crackers for an appetizer.