Caribbean Crab Salad
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 lbfresh lump crabmeat
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
2celery stalks, finely chopped
1/2green bell pepper, finely chopped
4 ozcanola oil
3 ozapple cider vinegar
4 ozice water
·kosher salt to taste
·freshly ground white pepper to taste
How to Make Caribbean Crab Salad
- Combine onion, celery and bell pepper. Spread 1/2 of this mixture over the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- Separate crabmeat lumps and place on top of the vegetable mixture in bowl and then spread the rest of vegetable mixture on top of crabmeat.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Pour oil over top, then the vinegar and lastly the ice water.
- Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate from 2-4 hours.
- When ready to serve toss lightly; but do not STIR. Serve on a lettuce leaf for a great salad or on crackers for an appetizer.