Bulgur wheat & feta salad with pickles & grapes
Although package directions often recommend boiling and stirring, a no-fuss way to prepare quick-cooking bulgur is to simply soak in boiling water.
It only takes a few minutes to assemble to salad but a longer time is specified for preparing, soaking, and chilling the bulgur.
- 1 c
- bulgur wheat, quick cooking
- 3 c
- boiling water
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- sweet & spicy pickle, diced
- 2 c
- grapes, seedless, sliced or quartered
- 8 oz
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 c
- arugula or other leafy green, large leaves shredded
- 1 medium
- lemon, grated zest & juice
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
How to Make Bulgur wheat & feta salad with pickles & grapes
- 1Prepare the bulgur at least two hours before serving. Place the bulgur and salt in a medium-large bowl. Pour over the boiling water. Allow to sit one hour. Drain excess water and chill. (Alternatively, follow bulgur package directions and chill.)
- 2When the bulgur is cool, move to a very large salad bowl. Add with the diced pickles, sliced or quartered grapes, crumbled feta, and arugula or other greens. Toss to mix.
- 3Whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, and the olive oil. Add to other ingredients and toss to mix thoroughly.
- 4Serve immediately or chill.