Buffet Layered Salad
- 1 can
- condensed soup, cream of mushroom, cream of celery, or cream of chicken
- 1 cup
- base, sour cream, or plain yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs
- grated onion
- 6 cups
- torn salad greens
- 2 cups
- sliced mushrooms
- medium tomatoes, diced, or more to your taste
- 1/2 cup
- chopped green onions, or to taste
- garnish....sliced ripe or green olives, chopped fresh parsley, chopped hard-cooked eggs
- medium veggies, thinly sliced, cucumbers, or zucchini or carrots or cauliflower or broccoli
How to Make Buffet Layered Salad
- 11...For dressing, in medium bowl, combine choice of Soup, choice of Base...sour cream, plain yogurt or mayonnaise, cheese and onion. Mix until smooth; set aside.
- 22...In clear 4-quart bowl, layer salad greens, your choice of veggies, mushrooms and tomatoes. Spoon dressing over salad, spreading to cover salad. Cover, refrigerate until serving time, at least 4 hours.
Sprinkle with green or ripe sliced olives and onions and your choice of Garnish before serving.
- 4Tips: Use your favorite salad greens. Choose a mixture of iceberg, Boston, Bibb, Romaine, Butter leaf and red-tipped lettuces, as well as spinach, Endive, Arugula, Radicchio, Watercress and Parsley.