How to Make Brookville Cole Slaw
- Place the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large covered bowl. You can also use the bagged shredded cabbage but I like to run a knife through it to make it a bit smaller.
- Add salt and pepper and toss. Put in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
- MIx the sugar and vinegar very well. Stir into cabbage mixture and combine well. I have not tried to make this with any artificial sweetners.
- Add the cream and stir really well. If you use the whipping cream, stirring it hard and fast will make it a bit fluffy. Using the fat free half and half will not change the taste but it will significantly reduce the calories and fat.
- Chill well and serve. This keeps several days in the refrigerator.