Beet and Apple Salad with Yogurt Dressing
- 2 large
- beets, trimmed, washed, peeled
- 1 large
- apple, granny smith
- 1-2 clove
- garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- capers, drained
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 to 1 1/2 c
- drained greek yogurt (one small container fat-free greek yogurt can be substituted)
- to taste
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
How to Make Beet and Apple Salad with Yogurt Dressing
- 1Trim beets, leaving an inch or two of stems. Boil for about 1/2 hour or until partially cooked. Cool and rub off the peeling. Shred or finely chop the beets. Peel, core and shred or finely chop the apple.
- 2In serving bowl, combine the beets with the apple, garlic and capers. Add olive oil and yogurt and toss to combine. Season with salt and vinegar.
- 3Alternate: use walnuts instead of capers. Or use half of each.