Basil Apple Salad
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- granny smith apples
- 1/2 c
- thinly sliced basil
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh mint
- chopped scallions with greens
- 1/3 c
- chopped roasted peanuts (i use honey roast)
- 1/4 c
- lime juice
- 1 Tbsp
- rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- ample salt and pepper
INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING
How to Make Basil Apple Salad
- 1Pound chicken breasts to similar thickness & place in a pan with water to cover , add 2 TBLS salt and ½ tsp of pepper. Simmer until no longer pink, chill in fridge if making later or add to ice water in a bowl. (You can use store bought rotisserie chicken, shredded into bitesize pieces too)
- 2While chicken is chilling, mix lime juice, vinegar, sugar, remaining s & p, mix until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Chop the chicken into bite size pieces, add to the apple mixture, then toss in the peanuts, basil & mint.
- 4Do not over stir or mix, simply toss to cover with dressing.
Garnish with mint or basil leaves and serve.