Aromatic Quinoa Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/3 cfresh persian mint
1/4 cfresh parsley
1/4 cfresh dill
1/3 cfresh basil
2 Tbsppomegranate molasses (cortas brand)
1/4 csundried tomatoes or currants
1/4 colive oil
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Aromatic Quinoa Salad
- Toss the quinoa into a pot and add just enough water to cover it.
Give it a gentle stir, cover the pot and set it onto medium heat.
- While quinoa is cooking, wash and finely chop the fresh herbs and tomatoes.
Add juice & zest of the lemon, currants or sundried tomatoes and oil.
- The quinoa is cooked once the water has evaporated and the germ thread appears, about 15 minutes.
Add the warm quinoa to the rest of the ingredients and stir gently.
The warmth of the grain will plump up the currants and release
the aromatic oils of the herbs.
Juice a lemon and grate the zest. Add the juice and 1/2 the zest to the salad.
*Don't waste the remaining lemon zest. Use it to make dessert! You deserve it for being so good.
- Finish with the pomegranate molasses gently mixed into the quinoa.
Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Enjoy this salad as a side dish or main. Every bite has a wonderful fragrance from the herbs,
sweetness from the dried fruits and tang from the pomegranate & lemon.
It also makes an excellent stuffing for grape leaves, if you can get Toula to wrap them for ya.
Remember diet is a filthy 4-letter word.
Go whip up some of this salad and wash your mouth out with soap!