SUNSHINE NUT CONGEALED SALAD
This is an old recipe but it's so colorful and healthy. I like a slice for a bed time snack (already had 3) LOL. Not only is it tasty it is an Autumn delightful center piece. Enjoy !!
I will post some other "NOT RED" congealed salad recipes incase there are others allergic to red food dye. It makes me look like I'm on strong steroids.
- 6 oz
- lemon gelatin
- 2 c
- boiling water
- 1 c
- ice water
- 9 oz
- can crushed pineapple
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 2 c
- fine grated, sweet, fresh carrotts ( i like mine fine shredded in my food processor)
- 2/3 c
- toasted pecans( to toast: put into a small baking dish in a 250 degree oven for about 10 minutes, stir after 5 minutes, cool before adding to recipe)
- 1 pinch
- ****salt *** add it to lemon juice !!
How to Make SUNSHINE NUT CONGEALED SALAD
- 1Empty gelatin into medium sized bowl, stir in the 2 cups of boiling water. Stir until gelatin is disolved.
- 2Stir in one cup of ice water (8 oz), the crushed pineapple with its juice, put pinch of salt in lemon juice; add it also.
- 3Chill until gelatin begins to thicken. Gently fold in shredded carrots until well blended.
- 4Pour into a 13x9x2 glass dish (or a little smaller for thicker squares). Can stir pecans in and put into a mold.) and sprinkle toasted pecans over top.
Chill in refrigerator several hours until set, cut into squares to serve. (If you used a mold, after salad is chilled firm, gently hold mold so bottom is in hot water for 3-4 minutes, remove..put plate on top and invert mold, it will slide onto plate.)