If you can imagine a pot luck dinner with 90 grannie trying to out do each other, well you have an idea of those pot luck suppers. I always brought pen and 3x5 file cards with me so I could get recipies.
This pretzel salad was more dessert than salad, but it is delicious, and I make it often
2 ccrushed pretzles
3/4 cbutter, melted
8 ozcream cheese
8 ozfrozen whipped topping, thawed
2 small( 3 oz) packets strawberry gelatin
2 cboiling water
20 oz( 2-20 oz) packages of frozen strawberries
How to Make Pretzel Salad
- Combine pretzels, sugar, and buttter and press into a 13x9 inch pan. bake 6 minutes in preheated oven at 400 degrees,. Let cool.
- Combine and beat together the 1 cup sugar, cream cheese and frozen whipped topping.
- Spread cheese mixture over pretzel layer and refrigerate.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, Add semi thawed strawberries and refrigerate gelatin mixture for 10 minutes.
- Pour gelatin mixture over cheese mixture. Chill completely before serving, overnight is good.