LIME MANDARIN ORANGE SALAD W/ CANDIED ORANGE SLICE
6 ozpackage of lime jello
1 cboiling water
8 ozpackage of cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 tspvanilla extract
15 ozcan of mandarin orange slices, drained
8 ozcan of crushed pineapple/ drained
1 csprite (not diet)
1/2 ctoasted pecans pieces
8 ozcarton of cool whip/ thawed & divided
How to Make LIME MANDARIN ORANGE SALAD W/ CANDIED ORANGE SLICE
- Dissolve Lime Jello in boiling water, stir until gelatin is all disolved. SET ASIDE
- In a Med/ Large mixing bowl beat (room temperature) cream cheese w/ electric hand mixer until fluffy.
Stir in Jello mixture and beat on low until smooth.
- Gently stir in vanilla extract, oranges, pineapples, Sprite, and pecans. Chill until mixture begins to firm up...An hour or so, according to your refrigerator, check every 30 minutes.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of Cool Whip / the rest is for decoration.
Pour mixture into a 13x9x2 glass dish, chill until firm!! About 4 hours.
- Cut into squares and place a small dab of Cool Whip on each square. Gently lift out each square on to a nice, clear serving tray and randomly place candied orange slices twisted sideways between squares on outside edge of tray.