Cranberry Orange Relish in Cherry Jell-O
On the inside wrapper of the Indian Trails Cranberry Orange Sauce was a recipe for Cranberry Orange with Cherry Gelatin. I have included that recipe. It is easy, very fruity, full of flavor and a great compliment to Ham and Sweet Potatoes or Turkey and Dressing.
Note: The Relish recipe makes more than needed for the Gelatin recipe, but that's okay because it can be frozen and there will be enough for the rest of the year.
- for the cranberry orange relish:
- 4 c
- whole cranberries
- good quality seedless oranges, cut into 16 wedges, (peel and pulp intact)
- 2 c
- for the cranberry orange with cherry gelatin
- 2 - 3 oz
- pkgs, cherry gelatin
- 2 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 1 c
- crushed pineapple, juice and all
- 10 oz
- frozen, cranberry orange relish
How to Make Cranberry Orange Relish in Cherry Jell-O
- 1For the Cranberry Orange Relish:
- 2Put cranberries and oranges in food processor and pulse until finely chopped. (A food grinder can be used instead of the food processor)
- 3Place cranberry orange mixture into large bowl and add sugar. Mix well, and let sit for 1 hr or so, until sugar has disolved.
- 4When sugar is disolved *pack in 10oz quantities to freeze.
*Note: If using to make Cranberry Orange with Cherry Gelatin, you want to drain off most of the juice before packing and freezing.
- 5For the Cranberry Orange with Cherry Gelatin
- 6Disolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry orange relish and pineapple. Pour into mold or serving dish. Refrigerate until firm.