1/2 cwhole cranberry sauce
2 smallboxes of raspberry jello
1 1/2 - 2 cboiling water
1 mediumorange - peeled and cut into sm chunks
1 smallcan of crushed pineapple - drained
3/4 cchopped pecans
How to Make Cranberry Delight
- Mix sugar, jello, and hot water.
- Cool in refridgerator until it begins to thicken slightly. (I put mine in the freezer to speed up the cooling and thickening process)
You will need to stir frequently to help it thicken through out.
- After it has thickened and is still stirable, add your fruit and nuts. This will distribute the fruit and nuts through out the dish and keeps it from settling to the bottom. Be sure and DRAIN the pineapple or your jello will not firm up enough!
- Put into your favorite mold and chill until firm.
I usually do mine the day before or the night before the meal I want to serve it at. This assures me it will be ready when your meal is ready.
- I have also made a topping for it at times, using whipped cream-(sm. container), Miracle Whip (1/2 cup), and little bit of lemon juice(2 to 3 teaspoons). It adds a little more zing to the dish. I always put the topping in a separate dish so everyone can put it on their own serving, if they like.