Cherry Congealed Salad
Our family started making this about 45 years ago for Thanksgiving and Christmas! The kids would take turns chopping the pecans & pinching the cream cheese into little bits! Everyone looked forward to a slice!
- 1 can(s)
- bing cherries - pitted & drained
- 1 12oz can(s)
- coke - chilled
- 1 3 oz box
- black cherry or rasberry or cherry jello
- 1 small can(s)
- crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 3 oz pkg
- cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- pecans, in pieces
- 1 c
- boiling water
How to Make Cherry Congealed Salad
- 1Dissolve jello in boiling water [you can use some of the cherry juice from the can to the water to make 1 cup]....add the ice cold coke [or Dr. Pepper]...add cherries, drained crushed pineapple, pecans small pieces and pieces of cream cheese...I just pinch the cream cheese into small pieces while cold and add in. Stir and put in whatever you'd like ...chill until set....then eat-up and enjoy!
- 2I have made this and put into a metal loaf pan to congeale, then sliced it...like meatloaf...I've also put into large muffin tins then when serving put on pretty lettuce on a bread & butter plate. Also a bowl and when inverted looks pretty tooo.