★★★★★ 1 vote5
6slices of bacon
1 largehead of leaf or boston lettuce
1medium onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tspdry mustard
How to Make Wilted Lettuce
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, fry bacon slices until crisp.
- Drain and discard all but 1/4 cup of the bacon drippings; return the drippings to the skillet.
- Meanwhile, into a salad bowl, tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Crumble bacon and add to lettuce with the onion slices, tossing until well mixed.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into bacon drippings and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour over lettuce mixture, tossing until lettuce is slightly wilted and coated with dressing.