★★★★★ 1 vote5
- slices of bacon
- 1 large
- head of leaf or boston lettuce
- medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
How to Make Wilted Lettuce
- 1In a large skillet, over medium heat, fry bacon slices until crisp.
- 2Drain and discard all but 1/4 cup of the bacon drippings; return the drippings to the skillet.
- 3Meanwhile, into a salad bowl, tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- 4Crumble bacon and add to lettuce with the onion slices, tossing until well mixed.
- 5Stir the remaining ingredients into bacon drippings and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat and pour over lettuce mixture, tossing until lettuce is slightly wilted and coated with dressing.