Wedge Salad with Balsamic
- 1 c
- balsamic vinegar
- head iceberg lettuce
- 6 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bottle
- blue cheese dressing (good quality)
- crumbled blue cheese
- 16 small
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
How to Make Wedge Salad with Balsamic
- 1Place vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and keep it at a simmer until reduced by approximately one-third and mixture coats a spoon.
- 2Remove from heat and allow to cool (it will thicken as it cools). Set aside 1/4 cup for salad. Reserve rest for another use (store in refrigerator).
- 3Remove core from lettuce. Cut lettuce head in half, then cut each half into quarters. Place on serving tray (or individual plates).
- 4Drizzle each lettuce wedge with dressing and balsamic reduction. Sprinkle with blue cheese, crumbled bacon and cherry tomatoes
- 5Serve immediately.