- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut or torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 small red onion
- 4 stalks celery, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (at serving time!)
- croutons @ serving time
- 4 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and several grinds of pepper.
How to Make Tossed Salad of a Different Kind!
- 1Tear or cut lettuce bite size.
Peel cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Cut into 1/4-inch half moons.
cut he onion in half and slice into thin slices.
Clean and cut radishes into thin slices.
Peel the celery, yes use your vegetable peeler and peel it!! You wont believe the difference in taste/flavor.
Cut it on the bias into bite size.
Mince the garlic.
- 2Dump EVERYTHING you just chopped into a Tupperware or like bowl. Shake well to combine and refrigerate overnight.
You will add Croutons and nuts at serving time.
- 3Combine the dressing ingredient. whisk to dissolve sugar and salt.
No need to refrigerate. Toss with salad when ready to serve.
At that time you can add cooked chicken or cooked shrimp to make it a main dish meal.